If you've experienced the Americana bliss that is The Devil Makes Three, then you've got your tickets to next week's show at The Wilma. If you HAVEN'T - well, now is your time. Alanya will feature some old stuff and some new stuff for Vinally Friday tomorrow - PLUS we'll spin some Neil Young, Wilco and Queens of the Stone Age. Finally, it's Friday! It's Vinally Friday - only on the Trail 1033!
We can't imagine making a movie in 72 days, much less 72 hours - but that's exactly the directive laid out by Missoula Community Access Television in Do It in 72, 2016. How does it work? You get an action, a prop and a line of dialogue - then you get 72 hours to write, shoot, edit and score a short film, with cash prizes for the best entries! The clock starts tomorrow ...
September 30, 2016, 5:00pm - October 3, 2016, 6:00pm
The Do It In 72! Film Contest is a wild and sleepless weekend in which you and your team have a blast making a movie with a given action, prop and a line of dialogue that we give you at the start of the weekend to implement into your movie. All writing, shooting, editing and scoring must be completed in just 72 hours, where afterwords it will be turned into MCAT for judging.
There will be an awards presentation at the historic Roxy Theatre 718 S Higgins Ave on Saturday October 9 at 5pm. The first prize gets $500, second prize $300 and honorable mention $100.
Rules and Regulations (these are important):
1. The first meeting starts September 30, 2016 at MCAT (500 N. Higgins, Suite 105) at 5 P.M.
2. At the first meeting (Sept 30, 5 P.M), teams will be given their genre and three elements: an action, prop, and line of dialogue. These elements must be used in the team’s short film. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification from awards.
3. Only one representative from each team (the Team Leader) needs to be at the first meeting though more are welcome to come.
4. All content for your film must be created during the 72 hours of competition.
5. MCAT will offer equipment on a first-come, first serve basis.
6. The deadline for submission of a NTSC DVD or YouTube link or Vimeo e-mailed to email@example.com is 5pm Monday October 3, 2016.
7. Late turn-ins will be accepted and screened, but will be disqualified for all awards (or maybe an Audience Award).
8. No talent or crew member may be paid. You can still buy them food!